What We Do
In life, we may be pulled in many different directions – and sometimes we are unable to adapt well to these changes and we breakdown; on all dimensions. In this breakdown, we find an opportunity for healing to begin to take place- just like the Birch; taking root to revive the landscape, where no other would before.
At Birch Health Studio, we peel back the layers and assist you in rebuilding the dimensions of your health. Through unique personalized care, we understand that true health begins at the root.
This incredibly gentle and holistic system of healing uses a non-invasive but thorough systematic approach to stimulate the body’s own healing mechanism. Unlike many other forms of healing, Homeopathy treats the entire body as a whole and all symptoms; mental/emotional and physical require absolute detail and are highly valuable to your homeopath. Because Homeopathy treats the entire person, not only will your chief complaints resolve, but other issues that have plagued the patient will also resolve. Homeopathy treats all and any issues including, but not limited to; mental illness/emotional trauma, all types of physical injury whether chronic or acute and all deep-seated chronic conditions that have developed over a long period of time, typically presenting itself as a general deterioration in health including; acne, asthma, arthritis, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, warts, varicose veins and ulcers.
Bach Flower Essences
The original Bach Flower Essences are a safe and natural method of healing discovered by homeopath; Dr. Edward Bach from 1920 – 1930’s in England. They gently restore balance between the mind and body by alleviating negative emotions such as fear, worry, doubt, hatred and indecision which interfere with the equilibrium of the being as a whole. The Bach Flower Essences allow peace and happiness to return to the sufferer so that the body is free to heal itself.
Rei means Universal and refers also to the spiritual dimension and the soul. Ki means the vital life force energy which flows through all that is alive. Reiki is an energy based healing modality that works with the natural universal life force energy. It assists the body’s natural ability to heal itself. it is spiritual without dogma or creed.
Axiatonal Alignment is a healing modality, but it is also an initiation into Divine Awareness. It opens up blocked meridians to allow the free flow of energyes that have been trapped in our beings and restrict our movement forward. As these energies are allowed to flow without restriction we will release all cellular memories that we have been afraid to look at, that have held us captive. This enables healing to commence.
Who We Are
Gina Newcomb, Hom.
Registered Homeopath + Clinic Director
Gina is continually impressed by the body’s ability to heal itself. It’s that sense of awe that has driven her to practice as a Homeopath in her hometown. Having encountered serious health issues and finding her way back to health with homeopathy, is what has truly inspired her to share what this incredible medicine has to offer. Gina graduated from the Canadian College of Homeopathic Medicine in 2015 and received her diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Medical Health Sciences. Gina became a Registered Homeopath in the province of Ontario in January of 2016. Since then, she has witnessed some miraculous recoveries in her practice and is committed to educating and creating awareness about how Homeopathy can bring healing to others. As Clinic Director and owner of Birch Health Studio, Gina’s main goal is to create a team of dedicated professionals that are passionate about facilitating true health and well-being to their patients.
Leisa Deremo RHN
Master Energy Practitioner + Registered Holistic Nutritionist
Leisa has the incredible gift of holding space for others on their healing journeys. Leisa has been practiticing as a Master Energy Practitioner since 2015 and in this time has created long and lasting rapport with each person she meets. Leisa graduated from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition in 2016 and as a Registered Holisitic Nutritionist, she offers incredibly skilled and healthy delicious meals to not only her students but also to those who are lacking time and knowledge to prepare healthy meals at home. Leisa is able to bring clarity to the confusing world of ‘eating clean’ while approaching her clients unique individual needs, keeping an open mind and helping them to create and achieve realistic goals when it comes to their health. Empowering others has always been a goal for Leisa in her work and this truly shows when she is in the kitchen and on the Energy table.
Pricing + Policies
Initial Consultation $180
Follow up Consultation $60
Children Under 12 + Senior (over 65) (initial) $120
*all pricing reflects 2020 rates
Bach Flower Essences
Initial Consultation $90
Follow Up $45
Reiki Therapy $70 for one hour session
Axiatonal Alignment $40 per treatment | $100 with one hour Reiki session
We accept cash, cheque, EFT and Major Credit Cards
Some services are covered by extended benefit plans; receipts are provided for all services. For more details, please check with your insurance provider. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early for your initial appointment. To respect your practitioners time, as well as the time of other clients, if you arrive late to your appointment, your session will still finish at its scheduled time.
*please note that no-shows will be charged in FULL.
Homeopathy Clients Homeopathy falls under the Regulated Health Care Practitioners Act of Ontario, is is considered a health care service in Ontario. For this reason, many people who have extended health coverage are able to have a portion or even ALL of the cost of their homeopathic treatment covered by insurance. Please check with your provider to see what your coverage entails- every plan is different. Even if you do not have homeopathy covered under your benefits, you may be able to claim homeopathy expenses on your taxes, since it is a recognised health expense.
New Homeopathy Patients
Special Instructions for all New Patients
In order to develop an accurate picture of your circumstances, and to make our time spent in consultation more effective, I request that you consider the following advice on how to most effectively report your symptoms homeopathically.
1. Describe in detail, the onset of your symptoms. Outline any related mental, emotional or physical symptoms and/or any external conditions that may have contributed to your present state.
2. Outline all previous illnesses. Including any childhood diseases and if applicable, any lasting effects from these ailments. Were there any extensive therapies used in the healing of these conditions? Did you have any reactions or long-term side effects to any such therapies?
3. Describe the location of the symptom in the body. Does it shift from one place to another? Is it related to symptoms elsewhere in the body? Are there particular sensations associated with it? How does it feel/look/smell/taste? What makes the symptoms unique, striking or unusual? If pain is involved, describe if it is a dull ache or a sharp pain, is it constant or periodic? How intense is it?
4. Write down when your symptoms feel better or worse. Consider: the time of day, with heat or cold applications, the season, before or after eating, when moving or resting, in what body position or even during any specific mental/emotional stress.
5. Are you affected in any way by different kinds of weather? Consider: dryness, humidity, storms, frost, cloudiness, sun exposure, blood, mucous or undigested foods.
6. Urination: note the colour, odour, sediment, quantity, frequency, urgency and painfulness.
7. Stool: note the colour, odour, frequency, consistency, size and shape, pain or difficulty to eliminate, ineffective urging, blood, mucous or undigested foods.
8. Menses: length of cycle, length of flow, painfulness, clotting, heavy or light, PMS, mood changes, bloating, swollen or tender breasts, cravings, any other discharge when not menstruating?
9. Libido: level of desire/aversion, painful intercourse, vaginal dryness, erectile dysfunction.
12.Sleep:Position.Doyouwakeatnight(when,why,doyoufallbacktosleeprightaway)?Doyoufeelrestedinthemorning? How much bedclothes do you sleep with? Which parts do you keep covered or exposed? Do you have recurring dreams or night-terrors?
13.What motivates you in life?are there lasting traits from childhood that are still anissue today?Are there running themes in your life? For example “all my life I’ve been…” How would others describe you? How do you deal with change in your life? Do you need structure in your life?